I sent a bug report in an email a week ago but hadn't heard anything back, so posting here just in case:
Hi, Candy House!
I just received my Sesame and set it up. It works really well!
However, I had some trouble setting up the Sesame with the Android app
the first time.
Device: 2013 Moto X XT1058
OS: Android 5.1 (stock AT&T, rooted)
App version: 0.9.14
I tried to add the new Sesame.
- "Find Your Sesame" showed the Sesame device after scanning for about
- I selected the Sesame and it said "Connecting" for a while, then it
- The registration failed with an error message (no screenshot,
sorry). The app sent me back to the "No Sesames set up yet!" screen
after I dismissed the error.
- When I try to add the Sesame again, the app says "You have
registered this Sesame. Please unregister it before adding it." This
happens every time I go to the "Find Your Sesame" screen to select it,
but the menu on the left does not show any devices.
I logged out of the app, and the problem was fixed after logging back in.
The second time, registration finished, but there was another problem.
- On the lock position screen, I chose the lock position and pressed "Set"
- On the unlocked position screen, I was adjusting the position, but
after about 30 seconds there was an error message that the connection
- On the start screen it connected and asked me to resume setting the
- When I choose a position and press "Set", it says "Please set a
correct position for unlocking. Current position is too close to
- The picture shows it may have remembered the wrong locked status and
lock position. The knob is already rotated to the right for unlock but
it thinks it is on the opposite side. The actual lock position is more
than a 180° turn to the left so the lock icon is in the wrong place as
- I had to press "Back" and set a lock position again before it would
let me set a new unlock position.
Also, I noticed the screen to add a new Sesame always says "No Sesames
set up yet!" even after I finished setting it up.
The Sesame is working fine now, but I hope you will be able to fix
these unexpected problems to make it easier to set up.