When Touch ID is enabled in the iOS app, it can be bypassed by hitting the Cancel button on the Touch ID dialog repeatedly on the Lock/Unlock screen.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Touch the sidebar menu on the top left of the app
2. Touch the Gear icon to the right of your account name, launching the Account Settings
3. Go to the "Extra Security" section
4. Enable the "Require Touch ID/Password to access the Sesame app" slider
5. Go back to the Lock/Unlock screen
6. Press the Home button to put the Sesame app in the background
7. Launch the Sesame app again
8. Keep touching the "Cancel" button repeatedly without stopping in the "Touch ID" dialog (keep hitting the same spot even when the dialog is not there)
When the door is locked, repeatedly hitting the Cancel button in a rapid manner after the "Touch ID" dialog appears should NOT unlock the door.
When the door is locked, repeatedly hitting the Cancel button in a rapid manner after the "Touch ID" dialog appears unlocks the door.
iPhone 6s 128GB
The Touch ID dialog should only appear in an intermediate view that disregards any user input. See the 1Password iOS app as an example.
I stumbled into this since the Touch ID dialog is an annoyance if you unlock your phone, and Sesame was the last app loaded, and you need to get to the Home screen fast. Hitting Cancel on the Touch ID dialog results in an infinite loop of the Touch ID dialog being shown. Out of frustration I decided to just see what happens when I just try to hit Cancel repeatedly.