I've had a Sesame for more than 2 years. It's pretty much always worked as expected, and I've never had an issue I couldn't resolve with some persistence and ingenuity. However, recently, one of my guests has been unable to connect. When she launches the app, the phone just shows “Disconnected”:
And the lock has an exclamation point on it on the lock selection screen:
This happens when she's standing right next to the lock, well within range.
My phone works fine. I haven't been able to test with either of my other guests' devices since this started happening.
Steps I've taken to try to fix the issue:
- Logged out of Sesame on the guest phone and logged back in.
- Turned off Bluetooth on the guest phone and turned it back on.
- Rebooted the guest phone.
- Removed the guest and added her again from my main account.
- Removed the lock from my account, deleted it from Bluetooth, set it up from scratch, and re-added the guest user.
- Replaced the batteries in the lock (which it was due for anyway – the guest problem started before I replaced the batteries, but replacing them didn't fix it).
- Unplugged my Sesame Wi-Fi Access Point.
None of these steps have fixed the issue.
- My (owner) phone is on the latest iOS beta version of the Sesame app (1.48 (7))
- The guest phone is on the latest non-beta iOS release of the Sesame app
- The guest phone is able to connect to and work with other Bluetooth devices
This is causing me major headaches, because my daughter is essentially locked out of our home and has to text me to unlock the door remotely via WiFi. What can I do to fix this issue?